Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Alice in Chains is good for the soul...

So I had the worst day teaching yet here. Most, if not all of the days have been good to great. Today, on the other had, was a fucking disaster. Today was my formal evaluation day, if that wasn't enough in itself to make it a bad day. To make matters worse a 5th grade language arts teacher decided to call off today, and guess who got stuck using his two free periods to sub that class. It wouldn't have been terribly bad had I not ALSO had lunch duty, and even that wouldn't have been too bad except THIS IS RAMADAN. That means that I had NOT ONE CHANCE to eat or even drink a sip of water today. Luckily Rachel, a fellow teacher, covered for me for a few minutes to I could suck down some water and eat a few crackers. And then 6th period happened. I walk in to the class I'm covering, and there are books all over the floor, overturned desks, ripped up papers everywhere, pools of water, you name it it was there. I lost it. Just straight lost it. I screamed, more like barked to the class that was supposed to be there to line up against the wall, backs to me cop pat-down style. I then demanded to know what happened, and they proceeded to tell me it was another class that had caused all that mayhem. By that point the principal had heard me yelling like a mad man and had come into the room. She decided to go find the suspect class and let them have it. I then made the class thoroughly clean the room. Soon, the principal came back and proceeded to tell me that the class had lied to me, and that THEY were the perpetrators. Lie to Mr. Byron? Hell no. The principal after a short lecture to the class turned them over to me. I fucking let them have it. And the best part is that they had social studies next period with me. I marched them single file down the hallway to my class and gave them a test from hell. First line I made them write was "I am taking this test because I lied to Mr. Byron." 2nd line--"I'm also taking this test because I disrespected Mr. James and his room." I then made them write about 20 questions and answers. One kid asked me when I was going to end the test and my reply was "when I feel like it. DO NOT TALK AGAIN." Lesson of the day? Don't piss off Mr. Byron. Oh yeah, the big wigs never showed up to do my eval... Where's the beer?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Like he needs to embarass himself more with his utterly hilarious Shot Face.


Pussy.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Wow, you owned those little kids. Sweet, I guess.

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home