Sunday, October 08, 2006

Navy guys can suck my asshole


Normally I don't like hanging out with American navy guys here, and these next photos will help explain why. Firstly, there is an American navy base here. These guys are allowed to live outside of the base, but only in certain areas of Bahrain. In fact, they aren't even allowed to DRIVE through certain areas--shi'a villages included. Well, I LIVE IN A SHI'A VILLAGE. It's NOT DANGEROUS. But that's neither here nor there. Anyway, the American government brainwashes these guys much like they try to do to the rest of the American population. They have a very warped, negative view of the locals. I would fault each individual for their views, but they aren't allowed to experience otherwise. Anyway, on with my rant. So not only do they tend to be extremely negatively biased, they are also usually very young, very immature (not that I'm a pillar of maturity, that's for sure), and usually fairly uneducated. I mean, let's be honest here. A good portion of the armed forces of the US join because they have no other option. They have no college degree, nor could most attain one. They join the services because it's either that or Wal-Mart's garden section for life. Now, I have some GREAT friends in the armed services who are intelligent and joined for other reasons, so this stereotype isn't all encompassing. But by and large it's true. So combine negatively biased, uneducated, testosterone-laden young fucks in a culture such as here and it's a disaster waiting to happen. When I talk to these guys I feel my brain cells dying. So, needless to say, myself and almost every other non-armed services American here tend to not associate with these assholes. In fact, when you meet locals they almost INSTANTANEOUSLY ask if you are navy. When they find out that you are not they treat you like royalty. Bush has really done a number for the Arab opinion of Americans, I can tell you that much. In fact I was told by a local that Bush was equal to Bin Laden. And I agree. Fuck Bush. Luckily, the navy guys have told me that they can immediately tell we aren't navy by my goatee. Good. I'm keeping that thing, that's for sure. Anyway, Doug and I let Gina talk us into going to this navy party against our better judgement. It sucked. It sucked bad. Everything that I just described was in full force, and we wanted to leave almost immediately. The only fun that I had there was watching this guy, some 19 year old ride his passed out buddies' bike into the pool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Navy guys want to do more than just suck your asshole, Byron.
Haven't you ever listened to the Village People?

1:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

being that I hope I am one of your good friends that is also in the navy, I was almost offended by this comment, until you make the reference to wal mart. I now know this has nothing to do with me, cuz if it did, you would have said that had I not joined the navy, I would be pushing carts at K-mart, not the garden shop at wally world. But I do agree, most navy guys are young stupid and immature. I like to break that fucking mold!

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home