Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Bling Bling'n in a 3 story safe, bitches!








In the souq (the traditional marketplace--i.e. crummy shops, pushy salesmen, and hot goods) there is a building known as the Gold Souq. Basically it's a three story safe. See the picture of one of the front doors if you don't believe me. Anyway, it has over 100 little stores selling every type of precious metal and stone you could ever want in every type of combination--necklaces, rings, you name it. You can even get a silver pot leaf, if you are so inclined (see the 5th pic.) What I found most interesting while I was there was a shop that was selling currency of every type (4th pic.) They even had some turn-of-the-century American currency, which was way cool. Then I turned and looked in the showcase and saw something even cooler. Check out the 3rd pic--you need to click on it to get a detailed image. It is full of all kinds of old military and political memorabilia, including lots of Nazi medals. Very interesting.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You liked the Nazi memoribilia.
Just like a fucking Kraut...

6:57 AM  
Blogger byroninbahrain said...

Can't forget about my heritage, now can I?

(For the rest of you that read this, I'm not really a Nazi. Adam's just a fucker:)

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home