Thursday, October 12, 2006

Some of the kids


And here are some of my kids. This is a 5th grade class. In total I have about 150 kids, 4 groups of 4th graders and 4 groups of 5th graders. Notice how there is only one girl with a hijab on. That is her father's decision, and between all of my students I only have maybe a dozen that wear them. Even at the high school level, they will wear them to school only to rip them off once the parents--or in this country, driver--is gone. But, all in all my kids are pretty kick ass. You have your few problem kids, but that's anywhere. Just threaten to call the parents and they will usually shape up because in this country the kids still get beaten by the father. Notice that chubby kid staring at me closest to the camera. He asked me one day when we were talking about America if all Americans carried guns in their pockets. Its funny what they think of us because they only get it from movies and TV. But the same goes for the American viewpoint. Half of you looking at these kids assume they will be terrorists because they are Muslim. And that couldn't be farther from the truth. Since this is a private school, most of these kids are middle to upper middle class kids and will most likely go to college abroad and become bankers, lawyers, etc. Just like home, man. Just like home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

http://www.allpeers.com/

Get that plug-in for Firefox.
When it comes out, I might be able to SEND you BORAT. If I can find a boot out there. I may have to enlist Higgins' help there, but we'll do something.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I finally gave you your link love, fatty.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home