Sunday, December 24, 2006

This is illegal in the states





But apparently perfectly legal here. What you are seeing Josh and I caress is a bottle of red absinthe that Josh bought at the liquor store. Absinthe is a liquor that contains wormwood, an alleged mild hallucinogen. I've done shots of Absinthe before (even in the states) and while my personal opinion is that it is all show and no go, it is still cool to purchase something that is illegal in the states in a ridiculously conservative country like Bahrain. However, I must say I've never done a shot of red absinthe, and it was disgusting. No, more like absolutely revolting. Hence the YouTube video...

That bottle is going to spend a considerable amount of time in the freezer, that's for sure.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

There's now an energy drink/zima knockoff here called FOUR that was developed by some OSU alums. It has wormwood extract in it.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home