Sunday, September 16, 2007

Abbey Road



And here it is. The one thing I absolutely had to do on my London trip. This is it. Although it could have used a bit of a painting.
Outside of Abbey Road Studios (where hundreds of records have been made, up until this very day) is a wall that is painted white that you can sign. And sign we did. Abbey Road Studios is about 40 feet from that famous crosswalk above.
Proof. That white house in the background is Abbey Road Studios. You can see the sign above the door. And if I looked really hard, I could see the receptionist in the window to the right of the door with "Abbey Road Studios" above her on the wall in gold.
Right there, front and center. Our mark will forever be on the Abbey Road wall.

Until they give it another paint job.
Rachel did the duties. I really like this picture.
A picture of a part of the wall.
Rachel crossing. It is really harder than you would think to get the pose right. And it didn't help that this road was really, really busy. You had to stand out in traffic to get a decent picture.
There were a couple German guys there trying to do their best. I thought it was funny as hell, even though they were doing a better job than us.
It's hard. Trust me.
And I thank Rachel for sacrificing her life out in the middle of the street to get these.
A look just up from the crosswalk. This is the beginning of Abbey Road. You can see how busy the street is as well.


Mikey--I have more pics, I'll show you when I come home. It's just a pain in the ass to load them all.

----------------
Now playing: The Beatles - Here Comes The Sun
via FoxyTunes

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger m-Dot said...

i love you forever.
thank you.

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home