Saturday, November 25, 2006

Fishing, lazy style


So we stopped at this boat dock for the hell of it and I got some really good pictures like this one. This is some type of contraption they use to either catch fish or crabs. Can someone fill me in on this? I do know that they traditionally make these out of palm tree parts, but this particular one is metal. I also understand the general principal behind them--there is only one way in so the animal in question gets stuck inside and then somebody comes and collects whatever is inside. I just want to know what they are catching.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Get me some charter litature & mail it to me- I want to go fish-n when I come visit!!

Dad

PS - take & post some pics. of the fresh fish markets if they got em.

3:23 AM  
Blogger byroninbahrain said...

Hopefully I pick up my car tomorrow--in which case I'll go to the fish market to get pictures. Josh doesn't want to go cause he thinks it smells like hell. And he's partially right because you can smell the market for at least a mile. But, I'll get pictures and literature if that will get you to come visit me...

Also--some of my students' parents own boats--we might be able to use them for free...

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home