Thursday, December 28, 2006

Crisis averted


It just so happened that I was up at 2:30 AM (now), on my computer in the living room and by doing so just averted a potentially huge disaster. Just as I was getting up to go to bed I heard a sound like someone was using my shower. Now seeing as how Scott is in the states and that was impossible, I went to investigate. Upon investigation I saw that the hose connecting the wall to the toilet had blown apart and water was spewing everywhere. I quickly turned off the wall spigot, but had I not been awake that would have been disastrous. The bathroom was already flooded and that was only after about a minute or so of the water running. Had that been much longer, the rest of the flat would have obviously started to flood. We have 220v power strips on the floor (zzzappp!!), expensive rugs, you name it of shit that would have been ruined and/or exploded had that water been left to run and flood the apartment until one of us woke up in the morning. Job well done, Byron. Looks like I'm calling the landlord in the morning--but in the meantime I'm off to bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Byron Gunter: Man of Action.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home