Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Let's have a chat


Shall we? It's 2:44 AM here the day after Boxing Day and I'm incredibly bored and awake, so I figure it's time to update you all with what I did this holiday. Christmas eve saw Josh and I at the Movenpick Hotel, a 5 star hotel, for a spectacular 5 (more like 8) course meal. It's the first time yours truly, (Captain Hillbilly) has ever experienced anything like that. We went there with and courtesy of Cathy Murphy, a teacher at the DOD (Department of Defense) school (a long-time friend of Dewey, Josh's uncle) along with Dewey, his wife Cathy, Cathy's sister who is visiting Bahrain for the first time, and obviously Josh and I. It was way out of my ballpark in terms of etiquette, but I had a good time nonetheless. It was a much better alternative than spending Christmas alone.

And speaking of Christmas, Josh and I had a little get-together at our place in the evening. It was a good time, and I'll post pictures on here when I catch up with my blogging.

Today (Boxing Day) Josh and I went to Dewey's place for a social gathering. It was a good time, albeit a bit boring. I guess that will happen when you have 15 40+ year old teachers conversing about life experiences and you happen to be a 26 year old newbie. Don't get me wrong--you can learn quite a bit from them, but it can get old when they are talking about the newfangled "technology" i.e. cellphones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home