Friday, November 03, 2006

What?

This is straight out of today's Gulf Daily News (one of the Bahraini English daily papers)...

Girl is jailed for illegal abortion

A 17-year-old Bahraini girl has been jailed for a month after admitting illegally aborting her illegitimate baby. She used pills given to her by her 19-year-old lover, a BDF soldier, to induce the abortion, the Lower Criminal Court heard.

The couple were arrested in a raid on a furnished apartment block when they went there for sex.

They had been having a relationship for some time when the girl became pregnant, said the prosecution.

It said that when her boyfriend's family learned about her pregnancy, they got worried and insisted on aborting the baby.

Her boyfriend gave her some pills and within a day of taking them she aborted the foetus, the court heard.

The boyfriend told police they had met by chance in Muharraq suq seven months ago and the relationship grew from then.

He said he normally took her to his family home for sex, but on September 26 took an apartment in a block in Juffair, which was raided by police.

The girl said she was in love with the man and they had a full sexual relationship.

"Then I got pregnant and when my boyfriend's family learned about this they asked me to get rid of this pregnancy," she said.

"My boyfriend then brought some sort of pills and gave them to me to swallow.

"I did as he told me to do and soon I developed pain in my stomach accompanied by bleeding and then the foetus flushed out."


I guess this is still a third world country in the middle east...

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

...and we're becoming a Third World country here at home, thanks to our Great Leader, Herr Bush.

The next big scandal out of the Beltway, unless it gets squashed, is that Karl Rove is gay. No shit. The guy who engineered the anti-gay constitutional ammendments in quite a few states likes the pole himself. Go figure.
He's even has a nickname in the DC gay community: Miss Piggy.
Apparently, this news has been gaining momentum in the blogosphere for the last year and a half, and it's starting to leak into more mainstream avenues -- but not the mainstream media itself, which is astonishing. Google it. It's funny.

naughtyangel313 needs to scrape.
That is all.

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You want me. No denying it, you definately want me.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I want you...to pay attention to normal hygeine. Damn, woman...

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home