Saturday, November 11, 2006

Vote for Byron




Speaking of elections, Bahrain is having their second EVER election this month. I've been working with my 5th graders on why elections are important, what issues are, etc. Up until 2002 this country was ruled entirely by the King and crew. Now they have two houses in parliament, both are 40 members and one is elected while the other is appointed by the king. The last few weeks have been insane around the country in terms of campaigning. The sheer amount of posters and banners plastered around the country is fucking amazing. My favorite type of poster (and the most common) is the one where they stick a cinder block on the ground, put a wooden stick in it and then staple the poster to the wood. It's about as ghetto as it gets. But, since I'm still lacking a camera I'll rely on my scanner to give you some high quality campaign fliers. I wish I could read Arabic. Based on pictures I'd probably vote for the dude because he looks the happiest. Although the second woman looks like she means business but the third one just plain scares me...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You know why the dude is happy? Because no one is gonna vote for the women, which means women's lib ain't happening any time this century.

mwahahahahaha. I do love being a sexist pig.












(eat me, naughtyangel313)

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home