Saturday, May 19, 2007

Romeo and Juliet, a la 4th grade Arabic kids style

The 4th grade (my homeroom) went on the field trip on one day (see next post) and the other day the 5th graders went. And since I teach both grades, on the off day we had a self contained class because our schedules are intertwined. Did you catch that? Anyway, Rachel and Laurie came up with the idea to do plays with the kids. So after a week of practicing, it was show time. This is me acting with some of Rachel's kids because one of the kids in the play didn't show up. I have a great video of this, but since the internet's so fucking slow you don't get to see it. We were doing a knock-off of the Emperor's New Clothes, but instead of being naked he's bald--hence the green swim cap. Nice.
Here are all the 4th graders in the gym waving at me taking a picture, with Rachel playing crowd control in the back.
And me in full-on action playing my famous geography game after the plays were over.
I like this shot because it shows three different color hijabs--blue, white, and orange.

And finally Laurie helping one of her kids with his lines. Nice TV, Ahmed.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger m-Dot said...

Did the emperor have male pattern baldness?
Just curious.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is the kid with sandy blonde hair in the bus picture one of the teachers kids?

10:07 PM  
Blogger byroninbahrain said...

No, he's the son of a Texan woman named Julie (who wears the whole Muslim get-up) and a Arab dad. He's one of the whitest kids in the school, though...

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home