Monday, May 14, 2007

Hotel Rooms? Fuck that, rent a flat!


So some of the high-rise apartment buildings are quite infamous for renting out flats to the "tourists" here on a per-night basis. The tourists here generally aren't from other parts of the world, but rather from the GCC countries (Gulf Cooperation Council). They come here from Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, U.A.E., etc via the King Fahad Causeway which connects Bahrain with Saudi. The officials claim most of them come over with families, but in reality it's mostly single men that come here for the booze and hookers. They raise all kinds of hell over the weekend (official stats are that over a half million cars come over the bridge on the weekends) and then go back home, only to do it all over again next weekend. Our landlord refuses to rent out flats to these hell raisers (thank god) but the building across the street apparently welcomes these drunk Arab fucks (did I mention I hate Saudis the most?) with open arms. I took this photo the other morning as I was pulling out of my car park (I'm turning British.) Notice not one of these cars have a Bahrain plate. From the left you have a Kuwait plate and then three Saudi plates. All of those vehicles disappear during the week. And what's worse, these fuckers will park under our building if there isn't room. I've been blocked in by these son-of-a-bitches before, and I didn't leave a very nice note under the asshole's wiper, that's for sure. To prove my point, you can see how they've blocked in someone in the photo.

Anyway, one other thing of note that was an accident when I took this photo was the delivery guy on the moped. I know I've mentioned before about how that is the modus operandi of the restaurants around here but it doesn't hurt to show one of these guys every now and then;)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home