Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Shitter, A Shower, A Sink--All In A port-a-potty!

You'll see what I'm talking about in a minute. Josh had a get together the other weekend at my old place so I decided to stop by for a bit. This is a photo of Beth, Kate, and Josh (flipping me the bird) on his couch.
And of course, my favorite Indian friend Shamsu was there. The one thing I really miss about that place is him, so it was good to shoot the shit in broken English for a few hours with him. He had this little lighted ball that he was playing with and I manged to get this (what I consider) great picture of him.
And then one of the roommates, past and present. Doug (present), Shamsu and Josh (past). Another great photo, if I do say so myself.
Josh took me up to the roof to show me his satellite dish that flew off the roof a week prior during a sandstorm. Scott and Josh managed to salvage it and put it back up on the roof (notice the huge dent) and amazingly it still works.

So when I lived in the building Shamsu, who lives in what is basically the elevator access room, took shits and showers in whatever flat happened to be empty. But now that the flats are all full, Adel put this little contraption on the roof for him. Basically it's a port-a-potty with a hole in the floor, a shower head, and a sink. Shit, shower, and shave in a 3ftx3ft box! Oh yeah, check out the electrical connection--remember, that's 220 they use here. Unbelievable....
And finally this is what we encountered as we were leaving the party. That greenish Focus is Kates (who drove), and it happened to be blocked in by a guy who abandoned his car with the 4 ways on and a scooter (that had the spare tire tied on). I love this country.

Labels: , , , ,