Saturday, November 11, 2006

Little Sleazers



So I ordered Little Sleazers for the first time today, and I was pleasantly surprised by the similarity to back home. Most of the pizza joints here taste different (Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, etc) and I think that can be attributed to the fact that they use beef pepperoni. Sleazers, however, tasted great. What I really wanted was the crazy bread, and that was spot on except that the bread was shaped a bit differently. When I got the menu with my food I got a good laugh out of the back page. Check out the first picture. Notice anything unusual for the middle east? Pizza by the foot? Don't you mean pizza by the meter? :) The second page I scanned so you all can see what 90% of the menus here look like. Half is in English and the other half in Arabic. I hope it scanned with enough detail that you can notice all the grammatical errors such as "Onion Ring." Notice that they don't have diet colas here. It is Coca-cola "light." Also, what the fuck is a "Shirley Timple?"

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Between this and your election coverage, I do believe your blog has officially become my favorite site on the interweb. Fucking great stuff.

Normally, a Shirley TEmple is a mixed drink without alcohol. Does this mean that Sleazer's has a bar?
If so...COOL!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

when i worked at rubys--- a shirley temple was sprite with grenadine (sp) in it. grenadine is like a cherry additive... so its a cherry sprite. im sure thats what they were talking about.

--mike again

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Shirley Temple is usually on the chidren's menu...Think Kiddie Cocktail...

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home