Thursday, April 19, 2007

Puck your cream cheese!! FEATURE!!







I've decided to do two features here at byroninbahrain.com, inspired by Polony (if you read, you know.) Anyway, one feature is of food that I see at the grocery store, and the other is of smashed up abandoned cars scattered everywhere on the island. The frequency to which I post these features is obviously contingent on when I go to the grocery store or when I see a totaled car next to the road. Either way, both of those things amuse me to no end, and I hope they do the same to you. If they don't, I really don't give a shit. It's my blog.

Up for the virgin feature grocery post is a medley of photos I got a few days ago when Rachel dragged me to Al Arosa grocery store (cause lord knows I don't cook and would never go to a store like that on my own volition:).

Here's the lowdown on each pic (for the visually challenged or for those that don't share my sense of humor)

Pic #1: POT noodles--with mushrooms (whoa!) or sweet and sour (Chinese pot!)

Pic #2: The 4-wheel-drive cart that is prevalent at most, if not all, of the grocery stores here (notice how all 4 wheels are facing different directions.) A really good idea if you ask me. An even better idea if I was 6.

Pic #3: Burger with Arabic spices. That's all fine and dandy until you notice it's from the "Americana" brand. Right.

Pic #4: My favorite. Halal chicken with the all important logo--a sword with chickens. For those that don't know, see the next picture for what halal means. If you really look closely on the package (i.e. click on the photo) there are two phrases that amuse me. The first is "slaughtered by hand as per Islamic rites" and "This product is not derived from animals which were fed by meals produced with animal proteins and/or animal residues." Animal residues? Who feeds chickens shit? Or is that where the phrase "chicken shit" comes from?

Pic #5 Halal chicken drumsticks. Halal is a slaughtering process where a certified Muslim (the qualifications for that are beyond me, sorry) kills an animal using a certain process. I dunno. Either way, Muslims are not allowed to consume non-Halal meat, and I get a kick out of various companies touting how their meat is more Halal than the competitions. Take this photo, for example. "Slaughtered by hand without stunning as per Islamic rites." Stunning? Like a taser?

Pic #6: Puck cream cheese spread. Enough said.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger m-Dot said...

you can puck her cream cheese any time

2:26 AM  
Blogger byroninbahrain said...

I'll puck YOUR cream cheese...

10:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

my brothers are gay.

1st picture: mildly amusing. typical byron. just mildly amusing

2nd picture:
those appear to be swivel balusters. They don't look locked

3rd: i noticed it said Americana quality. hmmm. Our hormone feed cows and high coronary heart disease must be admired in some countries.

4. It appears the 2 female chickens are about to kiss. then they stab them with a huge freaking sword. what a shame.

#5. eh. boring

6. good job bg



and why do your grocery store pictures bring so many post?

9:01 PM  
Blogger byroninbahrain said...

1st picture: it's my blog, fuck you.

2nd picture: you are correct, and they make the shopping experience 100 times more fun. I can imagine us 3 getting in all kinds of hell growing up with carts like that...

3rd picture: the hypertension rate in the middle east is sky high, so I think you're on to something...

4th: You don't like swords?

5th: See #1.

6. Thank you.

And maybe because they are funny?

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home